Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Twiddling our thumbs


A lot of people are asking where we are in the process...We are waiting.
Currently, we are waiting for our I-171H. This is a form that we HAVE to have from immigration to proceed with an international adoption. Once we get this form, we will scramble to have the remainder of our documents authenticated by the Texas Secretary of State and Chinese Consulate. Then we will send our completed dossier to our agency for them to review and eventually send to China.
The "clock" isn't even turned on for us yet. We're not in line. We're not on China's radar. This is going to be a really, really LONG haul.
Our most specific prayer request is that we will see this oh so important document in our mailbox SOON!
Thanks,
D, L, & L

6 comments:

Adele said...

I certainly know how you feel. I am praying that you will soon have all of your paperwork ready to turn in so that you can join the waiting game with the rest of us.
It is going to be a long wait but we can just encourage each other along the way. I am here for you, my friend.
I hope you get that form very soon!
Take care!

Jaime said...

We will keep praying and waiting with you. Love you!

myra said...

I can just hear the Final Jeopardy music and imagine the anticipation you feel going to the mailbox each day. :) I'm praying and hoping you get your paperwork soon!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

It's such a good feeling when you get another piece of the paperwork done. Hope you get it soon! We just sent our dossier off for certification so I'm waiting with you!

jennifer said...

I hope it comes soon. I'm not far ahead of you. I think we're all moving backward anyway. Thanks for the comment on my blog.

Kelley said...

Well, think of it this way...you'll have your I171H and be moving on to certification and authentication...and I'll be just sitting in a stack waiting until the end of December. :)

Hope it comes really soon, so you can keep things rolling!! Thanks for visiting my blog!