Here are just five things I am praying for regarding this situation:
1. I pray God will bless us with a happy, healthy, beautiful daughter.
2. I pray God will MOVE mountains and significantly speed up the process so thousands of children will meet their forever families.
3. I pray God chooses healthy biological parents for our child and that He comforts them during the difficult process of choosing to give up a child.
4. I pray God will help me enjoy the journey.
5. I pray as I bring these requests to God that my faith is strong, evident, and pleasing to Him.
"Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. " James 5: 13-16
For my friends who are waiting, I am praying for you, too. Thank you to everyone who prays on our behalf. It is a source of comfort.